6 RTM Teachers Nominated for Teacher of the Year
A teacher from each of the six district schools has been nominated for the state honor.
Six teachers from the Rose Tree Media School District have been nominated for Pennsylvania's Teacher of the Year.
Each was honored at the March 21 legislative meeting.
"It's amazing what good teachers can do for a district, and how kids respond to these great teachers that we have, and obviously the state is now recognizing this fact." Board of School Directors President John Hanna said. "I wish you all the best of luck in the ongoing competition."
- Paul DelPrato – Penncrest High School
- Josephine Dizon – Springton Lake Middle School
- Tracey Fritch – Media Elementary School
- Anthony Grisillo – Rose Tree Elementary School
- Rachael Pinsley – Glenwood Elementary School
- David Woods – Indian Lane Elementary School
The finalists and then winner will be announced later this year. The state’s Teacher of the Year, will be Pennsylvania’s nominee for National Teacher of the Year.
Two district teachers were finalist for the 2013 Teacher for Year. Only 12 teachers across the state are named finalists and Rose Tree Elementary's Nancy Gheysens and Penncrest's DeAnn Scherer were two of those 2013 finalists.
Tracey Fritch, who was unable to attend the meeting, is not pictured.