Egg Hunts, Easter Bunny, Bunnyland Among Weekend Events [Get Out]
It's a busy week and weekend in and around Media Patch. See what's going on.
There are lots of things happening this weekend. It's a weekend full of community events celebrating Easter. Put on your Easter bonnet and have some fun with egg hunts, hayrides to bunnyland, breakfast with the Easter Bunny and more.
Check out Patch's best bets for this weekend. What do you have planned?
- When: Saturday, March 23 at 11 a.m. Rain Date: Sunday, March 24 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Glen Providence Park, Third Street and Kirk Lane in Media
- Why Go: Bring your baskets and grab your plastic eggs in the park. Fun for all ages as the eggs are sectioned by age group.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, March 23 from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Granite Run Mall, 1067 W. Baltimore Pike in Media
- Why Go: Get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny, enjoy a delicious breakfast, courtesy of Friendly's and have some egg-citing fun with the egg hunt and egg on the spoon race.
- Cost: Free, registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at Guest Services
- When: Daily, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Linvilla Orchards, 137 W Knowlton Rd in Media
- Why Go: Hop aboard a hayride through the orchards to the Easter Bunny’s house. Meet the fluffy big guy in person and snap a picture with him. Be sure to check out the pony rides on weekends, and the train rides, face painting and other fun activities. And parents, the Garden Center has all your Springtime needs.
- Cost: $8
- When: Saturday, March 23 at noon
- Where: Veterans Memorial Park, Lawrence Road between Warren Blvd and Hillside Lane in Broomall
- Why Go: Grab your basket and snatch up your eggs at this community egg hunt.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, March 22 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Burlap and Bean, 204 S Newtown Street Rd in Newtown Square
- Why Go: Legacy winners of the Kerrville New Folk Award, this father and daughter, return to the Philadelphia area.
- Cost: $18
- When: Saturday, March 23 from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Where:Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar,38 E. Gay St in West Chester
- Why Go:After a short presentation on the history of chocolate enjoy a tasting of a range of Mars Chocolate products. Then finish off the sweetness with a presentation of handcrafted beer from Boxcar Brewery, and an open bar served with hor d'ouerves courtesy of Teca. All proceeds will go to the Penn State Brandywine Alumni Society’s Trustee Matching Scholarship fund.
- Cost: $75/person, tickets available at Penn State Brandywine Alumni Society’s website (http://alumni.psubw.org).