Get Out: Troops Parade, Moms Prom, Restaurant Week
What's going on in and around Media Patch this weekend.
This week, Media's got it all: heroes, charity events, great food, and several theater productions. Check out our bets below for the activities to hit this weekend.
- When/Where: Saturday, April 28. Fair runs from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., with parade beginning at 3 p.m., at the courthouse lawn in Media.
- Why Go: Veterans outreach and career awareness fair, with a "welcome home" parade and flag passing ceremony beginning at 3 p.m. This parade specifically honors veterans from the Philadelphia region who have served since 9/11.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 28 at Barnaby's Aston, 5501 Pennell Rd, Media
- Why Go: Enjoy food, friends and fun while supporting a great cause, Saturday night at Barnaby's. Women (all ladies, not just moms!) are invited to come in their best date night outfits and support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation.
- Cost: $30 advance, $35 at the door
- When/Where: Participating restaurants across the Main Line and Philadelphia's western suburbs
- Why Go: Participating restaurants will offer special, prix-fixe menus showcasing their chefs' greatest dishes. Menus will feature discounted lunches as well as three-course dinners (e.g. appetizer, entrée and dessert) priced at $20, $30, $40, or $50 per person. Check out participating restaurants here.
- Cost: $20 to $50
- When/Where: At Media's Hedgerow Theater now through April 29. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30; Sunday shows are at 2 p.m.
- Why Go: "Farceur Jared Reed leads the Hedgerow Ensemble in this madcap, slapstick-filled tale of mistaken identity, Shakespeare's first comedy and his shortest play."
- Cost: $25 to $32
- When/Where: Now through May 2 at Media Theater, 104 E State St, Media
- Why Go: "Duncan Sheik's Tony winning musical which follows high school student's coming of age in 1891 Germany ... with modern, alternative pop/rock music."
- Cost: $27 to $49