Get Out: Puppy Luv, Cookie Sales and More
It's a busy week and weekend in and around Media Patch. See what's going on.
There is a wide mix of things to do this weekend. Cookies, health screenings, pet photos and music. Here is a list of local events happening around town. What are you doing this weekend?
- When: Friday and Saturday, Feb. 1-2 and 8-9, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: ME Photo & Design, 16 S. Orange Street in Media
- Why Go: Get a personalized photo session of your furry friend. Dogs and cats of all sizes and ages are waiting for their close up. Schedule a photo shoot today.
- Cost: $35
Girl Scout Troop 5336 Cookie Sale
- When: Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 2-3
- Where: Both Media and Granite Run Acmes
- Why Go: Pick up a few boxes of cookies for your Superbowl party and help out Troop 5336 from Rose Tree Elementary. Cookies go great with chicken wings.
- Cost: $4 a box
- When: Friday and Saturday, Feb. 1-2 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 3 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Media Theatre, 104 E. State Street in Media
- Why Go: Enjoy the music of this Tony nominated star, as she sings songs usually performed by men from familiar musicals.
- Cost: $25
- When: Saturday, Feb. 2, at 10 a.m.
- Where: Acme Markets, 1067 W. Baltimore Pike in Media
- Why Go: ACME will host this free, two-hour educational program that will offer tips for helping the whole family make healthier food choices. It includes a dietitian-led walking tour that will take participants on an educational stroll throughout the grocery store.
- Cost: Free