What's Open and Closed on Labor Day
Patch takes the guesswork out of where to find various goods and services on Labor Day. Relax. It's your day off.
The first Monday in September has been federally honored as Labor Day since 1894 during the labor movement. It is also the unofficial end of the summer and signifies the beginning of a new school year for many.
Because Labor Day is a federal holiday, government-run offices will be closed. Here’s a list of what is open and closed on Monday, Sept. 3.
- Middletown Township Building: Closed
- Edgmont Township Building: Closed
- Media Borough Building: Closed
- Upper Providence Township Builidng: Closed
- Wine & Spirits: Closed
- County Beverage: Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lima Beverage: Open 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed: Bryn Mawr Trust, Citizens Bank, Fox Chase Bank, M&T Bank, Nova Bank, PNC Bank, Sovereign Bank, Susquehanna Bank, United Savings Bank and Wells Fargo Bank
- Republic First Bank: Open 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- TD Bank: Open 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Acme: Store open 7 a.m to 10 p.m.
- Pharmacy open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Trader Joe's: Open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Starbucks: Open 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wawa: Open
- CVS: Open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pharmacy 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rite Aid: Open 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Pharmacy open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sears Tire & Auto Center: Open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- By-Pass Garage: Closed
- Department of Motor Vehicles: Closed Saturday, Sept. 1 through Monday, Sept. 3
- Desert Rose: Closed Aug. 31 through Sept. 4
- Upper Providence Grill: Closed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- Nooddi-Thai Chef: Closed on Monday
- Rita's Water Ice: Open
- Front Street Fountain: Closed on Monday
- Temaki Sushi Bar: Closed Sunday and Monday
- The Plumstead Inn: Closed Sunday and Monday
- AMC Granite Run 8: Open
- Regal Edgmont Square 10: Open
- Granite Run Mall: Open
- Delaware County SPCA: Open noon to 4 p.m.
- Local Home and Gifts: Closed Sunday and Monday
- Sorella Boutique: Closed Sunday and Monday
Did we miss anything? What other businesses are closed or open over the Labor Day holiday?