Invite a friend
A Sentimental Journey: Salute to the Big Band Vocalists
The latest offering in the popular Hedgerow Sings music series is a tribute to the music of the 1930s and 40s, sung by Connie Pelesh, Tony Messina with the UpFront Orchestra conducted by Jeff Pelesh.
The Peleshes formed their band in 1994 and have performed at numerous local venues. All of the musicians in the 10-member ensemble also played with the Al Raymond Orchestra. Connie has been singing with numerous bands in the Philadelphia area for over 30 years. In addition to working with UpFront and Al Raymond, she’s also sung with the WPEN Orchestra with Walter Jay, and with Walt Wagner and the Serenaders.
Tony Messina is a singer, songwriter and actor who has performed around the world and worked with entertainers such as Stan Kenton, Lionel Hampton, Louie Bellson, David Letterman, Johnny Carson, Joan Rivers, Rodney Dangerfield, Merv Griffin, George Carlin, Sarah Jessica Parker, Harrison Ford and Mel Brooks. He even had the chance to sing for two of his idols, Frank Sinatra, who called him “dazzling,” and Tony Bennett.
|Where||Hedgerow Theatre 64 Rose Valley Rd, Media, PA 19063|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||8:00 pm–10:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Seniors|
|Price||$32 adults; $29 seniors; $10 students/under 18|
More About Hedgerow Theatre
Hedgerow Theatre is a very unique theatrical company that performs year-round, presenting classics, comedies, dramas and musicals as well as weekly children's shows. They have a long history of incredible performers such as Richard Basehart, Ann Harding and Susan Glaspell. As an Actors Equity Association Small Professional Theatre, they continue to work with incredible artists who embrace the relationship between actor and audience. They hold performances for young and old alike with special adaptations of classics like the Wizard of Oz. Hedgerow is America's first repertory theatre and also offers acting classes for all ages, summer camps and much more.
Other events here
- Pride and Prejudice May 22, 2013 / June 12, 2013, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Pride and Prejudice Weekly on Thursdays, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- Pride and Prejudice Weekly on Fridays, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- Children's Acting Weekly on Saturdays, 12:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Pride and Prejudice Weekly on Saturdays, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Pride and Prejudice Weekly on Sundays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- All I Ask of You Weekly on Fridays, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- All I Ask of You Weekly on Saturdays, 8:00 pm–10:00 pm
- All I Ask of You Weekly on Sundays, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm