Invite a friend
Boar's Head Feast
The night promises to be a lot of fun! The event will take place at the main ballroom of the Jeffords mansion in Ridley Creek State Park. There will be music, dancing, box style auction, food and liquid refreshment. Dinner will be served at 7 with a sing along that follows.
If you are a reenactor then you are welcome to join the fashion show and show off your colonial clothes. You may wear any period clothing from medieval to present day.
Food provided by Luigi and Giovanni of Newtown Square. The proceeds of this fundraising event will go to the Plantation's Farmers Cabin Fund. Tickets are limited so it is advisable to order in advance. For tickets please call the office.
6:30 - Sampling of colonial libations with the tapping of the keg
7:00 - Period reenactors Boar's head procession.
7:10 - Cider Toast .
7:15 - Dinner - salad, porchetta abruzzese (Italian pork sandwiches), baked ziti, and pasta primavera
8:00 - Dessert, door prizes, and reenactor's fashion show
8:30 - Old fashion sing a long
9:00 - Ticket boxes drawing
9:15 to 10:30 - Dancing
|Where||Ridley Creek State Park E Bishop Hollow Rd & Chapel Hill Rd, Media, PA 19063|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–10:30 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Families, Seniors|
|Price||$35.00 in advance and $40.00 at the door|
More About Ridley Creek State Park
Ridley Creek State Park is a state-owned park offering a variety of activities. There is fishing in Ridley Creek, 12 miles of hiking trails, five miles of paved, multi-use trails for jogging, biking, rollerblading, and even cross-country skiing in the winter. One feature that sets this park apart from others in the area is the presence of the Hidden Valley Horse Farm on-site, from whom you can rent horses to ride along the 4.7 miles of dedicated horse trails in the park. Ridley Creek Park also has picnic areas as well as organized tent camping from April to October every year. The formal gardens are available for weddings if you're looking for a gorgeous, serene, natural setting for your ceremony.
Other events here
- 17th Century Timeline May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Spring Hearth Cooking Workshop Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Book Signing with author of The Snake Fence Sat, Jun 1, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- French and Indian Camp & Skirmish Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 2 & 3 June 24, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / June 27, 2013 / June 28, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- When in the Course of Human Events - An Independence Day Celebration Thu, Jul 4, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Pirate Splash Day for Kids Sat, Jul 13, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 4 - 6 July 15, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / July 17, 2013 / July 18, 2013 / July 19, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Gathering of the Chester County Militia Sat, Jul 27, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 7 - 9 July 29, 2013 / July 30, 2013 / July 31, 2013 / August 1, 2013 / August 2, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm