Invite a friend
Militia Muster with 4th Legionary Cavalry
In colonial times, a muster was the gathering of local farmers to drill, work, and socialize with good food and music. We will have discussions between loyalist and rebels resulting in a small armed conflict. Participating units will be the 4th Legionary Cavalry and the Chester County Militia. There will be a full period encampment and light infantry and Cavalry (mounted soldiers) drills and demonstrations. The women will be working the loom, spinning and processing flax. The men will be working with wood and working in the fields. Tea will be served in the parlor and hearth cooking will take place in the kitchen.
Admission is $10 for adults, $8 for children ages 4 to 12. Children under age 4 are free. The Colonial Pennsylvania Plantation is an independent non-profit 18th century living history farm museum located within Ridley Creek State Park. It is most easily reached via the park’s Route 3 entrance just west of Newtown Square.
|Where||Ridley Creek State Park E Bishop Hollow Rd & Chapel Hill Rd, Media, PA 19063|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||11:00 am–4:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
|Price||$10.00 for adults, $8.00 for children, children under 4 are free|
More About Ridley Creek State Park
Ridley Creek State Park is a state-owned park offering a variety of activities. There is fishing in Ridley Creek, 12 miles of hiking trails, five miles of paved, multi-use trails for jogging, biking, rollerblading, and even cross-country skiing in the winter. One feature that sets this park apart from others in the area is the presence of the Hidden Valley Horse Farm on-site, from whom you can rent horses to ride along the 4.7 miles of dedicated horse trails in the park. Ridley Creek Park also has picnic areas as well as organized tent camping from April to October every year. The formal gardens are available for weddings if you're looking for a gorgeous, serene, natural setting for your ceremony.
Other events here
- 17th Century Timeline May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Spring Hearth Cooking Workshop Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Book Signing with author of The Snake Fence Sat, Jun 1, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- French and Indian Camp & Skirmish Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 2 & 3 June 24, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / June 27, 2013 / June 28, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- When in the Course of Human Events - An Independence Day Celebration Thu, Jul 4, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Pirate Splash Day for Kids Sat, Jul 13, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 4 - 6 July 15, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / July 17, 2013 / July 18, 2013 / July 19, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Gathering of the Chester County Militia Sat, Jul 27, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 7 - 9 July 29, 2013 / July 30, 2013 / July 31, 2013 / August 1, 2013 / August 2, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm