Invite a friend
Join in the fun creating redware slip tiles with Nicole Dubrow, master potter & tile maker, using tools and materials in the Pennsylvania tradition. Participants are invited to try their hand at sgraffito incised line drawing to “reveal the earth color”. Workshop includes tools, Qty (2) prepared 4”x4” tiles, clay colors, carbon images of the colonial plantation flora, fauna, as well as a smile with each step-by-step instruction. Personal images welcome! Additional tiles will be available $12 each. Bring a brown bag lunch to top the morning celebrating new friendships as well as our great accent tiles! Cookies & beverages provided. Everyone will be contacted when the work is ready for pick-up at the Plantation.
Limited to 12 participants. Registration deadline is July 18th. Please register by calling the Plantation office at 610-566-1725.
|Where||Ridley Creek State Park E Bishop Hollow Rd & Chapel Hill Rd, Media, PA 19063|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:00 am–12:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
|Price||$47.00 per person ($42.00 for members/volunteers)|
More About Ridley Creek State Park
Ridley Creek State Park is a state-owned park offering a variety of activities. There is fishing in Ridley Creek, 12 miles of hiking trails, five miles of paved, multi-use trails for jogging, biking, rollerblading, and even cross-country skiing in the winter. One feature that sets this park apart from others in the area is the presence of the Hidden Valley Horse Farm on-site, from whom you can rent horses to ride along the 4.7 miles of dedicated horse trails in the park. Ridley Creek Park also has picnic areas as well as organized tent camping from April to October every year. The formal gardens are available for weddings if you're looking for a gorgeous, serene, natural setting for your ceremony.
Other events here
- 17th Century Timeline May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Spring Hearth Cooking Workshop Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Book Signing with author of The Snake Fence Sat, Jun 1, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- French and Indian Camp & Skirmish Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 2 & 3 June 24, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / June 27, 2013 / June 28, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- When in the Course of Human Events - An Independence Day Celebration Thu, Jul 4, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Pirate Splash Day for Kids Sat, Jul 13, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 4 - 6 July 15, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / July 17, 2013 / July 18, 2013 / July 19, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Gathering of the Chester County Militia Sat, Jul 27, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 7 - 9 July 29, 2013 / July 30, 2013 / July 31, 2013 / August 1, 2013 / August 2, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm