Invite a friend
When in the Course of Human Events...A Fourth of July Celebration & Picnic
Enjoy a picnic at the farm and celebrate our nation's birthday by hearing the Declaration of Independence and witnessing the crowds reaction. There is not complete agreement in Chester County but the Patriots are determined to win the crowd by making demonstrations against the king.
Activities include hearth cooking, textile demonstrations, long rifle, garden and animal talks. Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic basket lunch or purchase refreshments. Bring a comfortable chair or blanket and enjoy the Fourth as it was celebrated years ago on a true colonial farm in Chester County.
Schedule (Sunday and Wednesday, 11:00am - 5:00pm with last entry at 4pm)
Reading from Paine's "The Crisis" (Sunday and Wednesday at 12:30 and 2:30)
Reading of the Declaration of Independence -(Sunday and Wednesday at 1:00 and 3:00 with burning of King George in effigy at 3:00 only) Feel free to pick up a quill pen and sign the declaration yourself.
|Where||Ridley Creek State Park E Bishop Hollow Rd & Chapel Hill Rd, Media, PA 19063|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||11:00 am–5:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
|Price||$10.00 for adults, $8.00 for children (4-12)|
More About Ridley Creek State Park
Ridley Creek State Park is a state-owned park offering a variety of activities. There is fishing in Ridley Creek, 12 miles of hiking trails, five miles of paved, multi-use trails for jogging, biking, rollerblading, and even cross-country skiing in the winter. One feature that sets this park apart from others in the area is the presence of the Hidden Valley Horse Farm on-site, from whom you can rent horses to ride along the 4.7 miles of dedicated horse trails in the park. Ridley Creek Park also has picnic areas as well as organized tent camping from April to October every year. The formal gardens are available for weddings if you're looking for a gorgeous, serene, natural setting for your ceremony.
Other events here
- 17th Century Timeline May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Spring Hearth Cooking Workshop Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Book Signing with author of The Snake Fence Sat, Jun 1, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- French and Indian Camp & Skirmish Sat, Jun 15, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 2 & 3 June 24, 2013 / June 25, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / June 27, 2013 / June 28, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- When in the Course of Human Events - An Independence Day Celebration Thu, Jul 4, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Pirate Splash Day for Kids Sat, Jul 13, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 4 - 6 July 15, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / July 17, 2013 / July 18, 2013 / July 19, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
- Gathering of the Chester County Militia Sat, Jul 27, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Day Camp - Grades 7 - 9 July 29, 2013 / July 30, 2013 / July 31, 2013 / August 1, 2013 / August 2, 2013, 9:00 am–3:00 pm