This weekend is full events due to last weekend's rainy weather postponing a few events. The Annual Media Food Festival, which may be Media's largest event, is Sunday. Fabulous smells will fill the air as vendors offer all types of delicious foods. This year there's an added fundraiser bonus with Media PA Matters Family Fundraiser just down the street from Food Fest. Give your dog a day out and attend the Delco SPCA's Bark in the Park event on Saturday. Does your dog have the best ears or is he the best kisser? Enter into the dog contests.
Check out our best bets below for the activities to hit this weekend and early next week.
Media's 32nd Annual Food Festival and Craft Fair
- When/Where: Sunday, October 14, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., downtown Media Borough.
- Why Go: Enjoy all that Media and surrounding restaurants have to offer at this years Food Fest. From Italian to Mexican, and Chinese to French, whatever you're craving there's something to full every tummy. Thousands are expected to attend this borough event which may be its most popular. Grab some food, listen to the live music and browse the local artists and crafters who will also line the streets with their works. State Street will be closed from Orange to Monroe Streets. Veterans Square will also be shut down, and dogs are not welcome at the event. Be sure to stop by Media Patch's table too and say hello.
- Cost: Free event, food and drink at vendors cost.
Media Family Fun(draising) Day
- When/Where: Sunday, October 14, from noon to 4 p.m., 100 N Edgemont St, Media, behind Media Elementary and in front of Barrall Park.
- Why Go: Media PA Matters will host its first event just steps from the Food Festival. When your bellies are full, head down the street with the kids and enjoy game booths, raffles, and kids crafts in support of local non-profit organizations.
- Cost: Free
Delco SPCA's Bark in the Park
- When/Where: Saturday, October 13, all day, at Rose Tree Park
- Why Go: Start the 6th Annual Bark in the Park Dog Walk and Fall Festival off with a 2-mile dog walk at 9 a.m. for a $25 donation fee (a dog is not a must for the walk). Then enjoy raffles, giveaways, food, a bake sale, pet photo booth and craft tables. Eagles Cheerleaders and WMMR’s Steve Morrison of the Preston & Steve Show will judge the dog contests (who will win best ears?). Meet Curious George, survivor of animal cruelty, and his parents from noon to 3 p.m. And attend the low-cost vaccination and micro-chipping clinic from 11-2 p.m. It's a dogs day out! Be sure to stop by Patch's table too and say hello.
- Cost: Free
Media ICONS Photography Exhibit at 2nd Saturday
- When/Where: Saturday, October 13, 6-9 p.m., downtown Media Borough and 26 W State St, Media
- Why Go: Along with October's 2nd Saturday Arts Stroll, the Media Arts Council will host the Opening Reception for the 6th Annual Media ICONS Photography Exhibit at the former White Birch Gallery above the Plumstead Inn. The exhibit theme is "Media: Closely Seen," with a focus on a smaller or more in-depth piece of a larger whole and features work from more than 20 photographers. October's 2nd Saturday Featured Artist is Bryan Rhoads, whose drawings will be on display at the Coffee Beanery and Blueberry Bog.
- Cost: Free