There is a wide mix of things to do this weekend and early next week. Food, health screenings, pet clinics and a painter/muralist will hold a speaking event. Here is a list of local events happening around town. What are you doing this weekend?
Fifth Annual Chili and Chocolate Challenge
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26, from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Where: Unitarian Universalist Church of Delaware County, 145 W. Rose Tree Road in Media
- Why Go: Chili and chocolate?! Who knew! Sample dozens of concoctions and enter to win door prizes too.
- Cost: $15 Tickets at the door. For more information call 610-566-4853.
'Think Pink' Mammography Events
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26, from 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, Feb. 5, from 5 to 8 p.m., and Tuesday, Feb. 19, from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Crozer-Keystone Media Medical Center, 200 E. State Street in Media
- Why Go: Stay proactive with your health and get your annual mammogram screening with friends. Enjoy light refreshments and a free pink tote bag and bring along other important women in your life.
- Cost: Free, call to register 1-866-525-9729.
- When: Tuesday, Jan. 29, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Penn State Brandywine, 25 Yearsley Mill Road in Media, Main Building (room 113)
- Why Go: As part of the campus' Spring Speaker Series, Philadelphia Painter and Muralist Ann Northrup will speak. In addition to landscape and figure paintings in watercolor and oils, Northrup has completed eight large-scale outdoor community murals and has taught at many colleges and universities.
- Cost: Free and open to the public
Low Cost Vaccination Clinic
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26, at 10 a.m.
- Where: Art's Animals and Supplies at 2171 Macdade Blvd, Holmes, PA
- Why Go: Protect your dog or cat from harmful diseases by vaccinating. No appointment necessary.
- Cost: Free examination with vaccine package pricing