There are lots of things happening this weekend. It's a weekend full of entertainment with a Broadway star, a Gala, a fashion show, comedy night and a '60s style band. What could make it any better? Pancakes of course.
Check out Patch's best bets for this weekend. What do you have planned?
Penncrest's AM Prom Fashion Show
- When: Sunday, Feb. 24 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Penncrest High School, 134 Barren Rd. in Media
- Why Go: Support the Penncrest Class of 2013 as they present the latest prom fashions in dresses and tuxedos from several local fashion boutiques. The Silent Auction will have you bidding on a number of great items including; a Prom gown, Prom spa services, Media Theatre tickets, an iPod Touch and even a reserved student parking spot at Penncrest.
- Cost: $10
Media Theatre's Gala featuring Broadway's Justin Guarini
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Media Theatre, 104 E. State Street in Media
- Why Go: Broadway star Justin Guarini returns to Media Theatre's stage for a one-night-only concert at the theatre’s annual Gala, a premiere fundraiser for the professional music theatre.
- Cost: $50
College Financial Aid 101
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Where: Penn State Brandywine, 25 Yearsley Mill Rd in Media
- Why Go: Have all your questions answered at this public financial aid workshop for prospective college students. Topics include; grants, scholarships, loans, work-study and the dreaded FAFSA form.
- Cost: Free
Arc of Delaware County's Comedy Night
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, from 6 to 11 p.m.
- Where: Renaissance Hotel at the Airport, 500 Stevens Drive, Philadelphia
- Why Go: Enjoy a night of laughs and dinner at this 10th Annual Comedy Night. All proceeds support the Arc of Delaware County, which provides services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Cost: $75, Purchase tickets here.
Rick Penny and The Conspiracy
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, from 8 p.m. to midnight
- Where: Stephen's on State, 105 W. State Street in Media
- Why Go: Enjoy the sounds of the '60s by this trio band.
- Cost: Free
Pancake Breakfast and Maple Sugaring Celebration
- When: Saturday, Feb. 23, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: Tyler Arboretum, 515 Painter Rd in Media
- Why Go: Learn how to tap a tree for sap, discover how sap is turned into maple syrup then enjoy it over pancakes. Sounds like a delicious, family-friendly day.
- Cost: Adults: $12, Children (ages 3-12) $6, Under 3 FREE.