There are lots of things happening this weekend. It's a weekend full of community events with a Media Hoops Tournament, Delco SPCA's fundraising fashion show, Loomis Elementary Fun Fair and the monthly 2nd Saturday Arts Stroll.
Check out Patch's best bets for this weekend. What do you have planned?
- When: Thursday, March 7 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Regal Edgmont Square 10, 4777 West Chester Pike, in Newtown Square
- Why Go: Before the documentary about how a Midwest community came together to give four World War II veterans a trip to the World War II memorial in Washington D.C., is shown a flag line will be formed by members of Boy Scout Troop 315 and an honor guard from Media VFW 3460. A bugler will perform the anthems of all branches of service and the children of Saint Anastasia School in Newtown will sing the national anthem.
Delco SPCA's Rescued on the Runway Fashion Show Fundraiser
- When: Saturday, March 9, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Community Arts Center, 414 Plush Mill Rd, in Wallingford
- Why Go: Enjoy an evening of cocktails, hors d' oeuvres, music and a fashion show featuring looks by the Philadelphia Premium Outlets, a silent auction,cash prize raffle and more. Adopted pets like, Precious, the animal cruelty survivor and other adoptable animals will also be in attendance to help raise awareness and funds for the Delaware County SPCA.
- Cost: $75
- When: Saturday, March 9, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Delaware County Community College, 901 S Media Line Road, Broomall
- Why Go: This year's festival will feature films, live performances, including Johnny Crescendo, Willy Potts and Sarah Donner, and art exhibitors, featuring jewelry, paintings, pottery and sketches. DCCC will also host a "Celebrating Differences" Conference that will feature a series of presentations on a number of topics about people with disabilities.
- Cost: Free, Pre-registration for seminars required.
2nd Saturday Arts Stroll
- When: Saturday, March 9, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Media
- Why Go: This month Mischa Machez Trio, a jazz-funk groove-oriented trio, is the main event at 7 p.m. at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. Prior to the concert, enjoy a children’s art activity at 6 p.m. at the Federal Credit Union, where collage artist and colorist Jessica Eldredge, will lead the children in making collage mobiles.
- Cost: Free
Media Hoops Tourney
- When: Saturday and Sunday, March 9 and 10
- Where: Media Youth Center, 1 Youth Way, Media
- Why Go: See what teams are paired against each other and cheer on your favorite. Championship game to be played, Wednesday, March 13 at 7 p.m.
- Cost: $4
Loomis Elementary's Annual Fun Fair
- When: Saturday, March 9, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Loomis Elementary School, 369 N. Central Blvd in Broomall
- Why Go: Take a break from the cold and head to "Hawaii" with this year's Luau-themed Fun Fair. Enjoy carnival games, moonbounces, arts and crafts, photo booth fun, a wide selection of food and ice cream from Freddy's Steakburgers, raffle baskets and more. All proceeds will benefit new playground equipment.
- Cost: Varies
Saint Pius X School Breakfast with the Characters
- When: Saturday, March 9, from 8 to 10:30 a.m.
- Where: McGillicuddy's on Brookline Boulevard in Havertown
- Why Go: Enjoy "Breakfast with the Characters" while St. Pius X School perpares to perform Beauty and the Beast, Jr. in April. Breakfast includes your choice of pancakes and bacon or sausage; eggs and bacon or sausage; french toast and bacon or sausage. Tickets for the show will also be available.
- Cost: $8