Mother's Day, the day we celebrate our mothers and all they have done for us, is a week away.
Patch put out the call for stories of the best moms in our area. Below are our local winners. Read their stories and vote for the overall winner in the comments area below. Please name the local winner (the name in blue), and not the mom.
The winner you choose will be awarded a prize package of brunch, flowers, golf, dinner and the Devon Horse Show worth $500 (see prize details below)--that's quite a nice Mother's Day present to be able to give the Best Mom.
Media Patch Winner: Joan Davis titled her post My Fantastic Mom!
My mom is the best! My mom is Dot Glanfield....the best mother I could ever ask for, a super Mother-In-Law to my husband, and the best "Mom-Mom" ever to my two children. I'm truly blessed to have such a wonderful Mom. Click here to read the rest.
Ardmore-Merion Wynnewood Patch Winner: Leta Borck titled her post My Beautiful Mom!!!
My beautiful Mom lost both her husband and son (my father and brother) within four months of each other last year. Within the year, she was Blessed with two great grandsons, each of whom were named after them. Click here to read the rest.
Narbeth-Bala Cynwyd Patch Winner: Grace Hagan titled her post Why My Mom Is The Best
My mom is the best because, as corny as it sounds, she is my best friend. I am an 18 year old girl who can honestly say she has taught me to grow into the woman I dreamed to be. She taught me how to be strong, caring, and independent. Click here to read the rest.
TE Patch Winner: Shea Rosadino titled her post The Best Mother
My mother is an alcoholic. She is also the best person I know. I'm not saying this just because she is my mother, but because she truly is the best person I have ever met. Click here to read the rest.
Haverford-Havertown Patch Winner: Lauren Ann Henderson titled her post My Mom; My Role Model
I could be partial, but then again maybe I really do have the greatest mom in the world. For as long as I can remember, no day was too tiring, no task was too big, no challenge was too difficult, if it somehow benefitted me, for my mom. Click here to read the rest.
Roxborough-Manayunk Patch Winner: rachel w titled her post I was right, my Mom is a Superhero
There is not nearly enough space or time to explain why my mom, Mary is the best. I used to always wonder how my mom did it all when we were kids...and now that I am an adult, i am quite sure I was correct she is a superhero. Click here to read the rest.
Chestnut Hill-Mt. Airy Patch Winner: Michael Bamberger titled her post Why My Mom is the Best
My own mother, Dorothy Bamberger, makes the best french toast, very eggy and cooked slowly and served with blueberries. She would be feel uncomfortable being described as "the best mom," even though I'm sure my brother and I, at some point over the years, have given her one of those mugs stenciled with the words WORLD'S BEST MOM. Click here to read the rest.
Springfield Patch Winner: gwen verlinghieri titled her post Best Mom
My Mom, Rose Ann Fullerton, was the best mom in the world. She passed away Jan 14, 2011, but she is with me everyday. She gave me confidence to pursue my career, she did without so that someone else could be happy. Click here to read the rest.
West Chester Patch Winner: Katrin Golightly titled her post World's Best Mom!
My mom is amazing! She has been through more than any mother could imagine. First, she is a mother of three. She has lost both my brother and sister at two different times in her life. Click here to read the rest.
Phoenixville Patch Winner: Ashley Pearce titled her post My Second Mom
She is the mother of 4 boys. A year and a half ago she lost her 24 year old son in a tragic car accident. Since the accident, when most mothers would have fallen apart, she has done everything in her power to keep her family together and to keep her sons memory alive. Click here to read the rest.
Marple Newtown Patch Winner: Bruce Nelson titled his post Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's SUPERMOM
Where does one begin when trying to describe your hero? No, she doesn't scale buildings, put out fires, or clear the world of nuclear weapons, but in my corner of the world she is the one relied on most for support. Click here to read the rest.
- Weekday Foursome for golf at the Springfield Country Club (Up to $196 value)
- Sunday Brunch for 4 at Springfield Country Club (excludes holidays)(Up to $95.80 value)
- $50 Gift Card to Tavola Restaurant & Bar
- Devon Horse Show & Country Fair Family 6 Pack (includes 6 admission tickets, 6 ice creams or sodas, 6 hot dogs and an Appetizers at Devon cookbook) (Up to $110 value)
- $50 Gift Card at Media Florist
Here’s a basic rundown of the rules
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, upload a post about how wonderful your mother is.
- All entries must be received by Monday, April 29 at noon.
- You may enter once.
- The person submitting the post is the entrant to the contest.
- If you include a photo and your picture includes children, by submitting the photo, you are saying that you have permission from a parent or guardian to use their picture.
- Users will vote in a survey to determine one local winner per Patch in a voting story listing all entries, which will be posted Tuesday, April 30 at 4 p.m. Votes will be accepted until Thursday, May 2 at noon. Each Patch winner will then be entered into the regional contest to win the prizes listed above. Voting for the regional contest will take place in the comments for that voting article from Friday, May 3 at 8 a.m. to Wednesday, May 8 at noon.
- Any vote with a negative comment about any picture or entrant will be removed and the vote will not be counted.
- In the voting by survey, users may vote only once. In the voting by comments, users may vote once per day.
- There is one set of prizes for the regional first place winner. The prize for winning the local Patch contest is entrance into the regional contest and a chance to win the regional prize package. Prizes are listed above.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be randomly chosen from the entrants that received the most votes.
Click Here for complete Official Rules.