If a weekend stay at a resort is out of your price range, here are some ideas for a nice, local Valentine’s Day with your date.
There are plenty of dinner deals and special menus happening in the Media Patch area for Valentine's Day. Don't leave your honey disappointed. But if dinner is too "typical" for your love, we've included a few other date ideas too.
Here are just a few things we found but be sure to include others we've missed in the comments section.
- Cooking dinner or even "pretending" to cook dinner is always romantic. Grab some supplies at Trader Joe's, 320 Market or Wolff's Apple House but don't forget the cookbook and apron too.
- If going out to eat is more your thing check out some of these restaurants. Remember now is the time to book a reservation. (Click on the restaurant name for phone number and address.)
- La Porta Ristorante — Enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne with this $50 per person dinner.
- Ariano — Offers lobster bisque, crab cakes, surf and turf, ahi tuna and shrimp, just to name a few items from the Valentine's menu.
- Azie — Does your sweetie have a sweet tooth? An 11-layer carrot cake is on this menu. Read more about Azie's specials here on Media Dish.
- Lotus Farm to Table — Enjoy a fabulous dinner and complimentary glass of rose champagne while listening to live music by Johnny Never from 5 to 9 p.m.
- Rose Tree Inn — Celebrate love all Valentine's weekend with music and dinner. Enjoy piano and violin on Feb. 14 with Matt McCarrin and Cormac Brady, on Feb. 15 it's Jimi and Jeff's big house band and on Feb. 16 enjoy a jazz trio.
- Media Theatre — Mersey, the British Rock Invasion hits the stage Valentine's Day weekend with an 8 p.m. show on both Feb. 15 and 16. Sing along with the tribute band to the sounds of the Beatles, the Who, Rolling Stones and more.
- Rose Tree Park — Hold hands and take a stroll through the park. It may be chilly so bring some blankets and hot chocolate.
- Movies — It may not be the most romantic date but a night out is always a good time right. A Good Day to Die Hard, Murder 3, Safe Haven and Escape from Planet Earth are just a few of the movies opening on Valentine's weekend.
- Longwood Gardens — The Valentine's dinner special is already sold out but touring the gardens is always a beautiful time....and its nice and cozy inside the green house.