The Media Farmers' Market runs every Thursday through November and this week you can find Kaya's. Before you head out to the farmers market, located next to the Media Theatre, see what this husband and wife team has to offer.
Name: Jessica and Mike Hawthorne
Business: Kaya's Fusion Cuisine
Business Location: 5 Brookline Boulevard in Havertown
Year Started: 2008
How Long at Farmers Market:
What's in Season:
Soups for the fall like butternut squash, truffle wild mushroom and cream of crab
Most Popular Item:
Handmade crab crakes and fried tomatoes
Why Bring Your Goods Here:
We like the way the town of Media responds to food in general, the community really supports it. There are a lot of foodies in this area. It's close enough to our restaurant to access a new market, for anyone who may not know the restaurant is there. But far enough way that we're not competing with our restaurant either.
Best Part of Farmers Market:
Everyone likes crab cakes so I can trade with the other vendors, which is nice. But on a business level, it's great to see people get excited about what we're doing and their response. It's a nice addition.
We're the pioneers on Brookline Boulevard in Havertown. The block is currently getting a facelift with new businesses and I like to think we were on the pulse of that. We'll have crab cake sandwiches, soup and fried sweet potato ribbons at Haverford Township Day on Oct. 5. Find them on Facebook too and give them a 'Like.'
More from Media's Farmers' Market
- Find Sweet Salvation at Media Farmers Market
- Canter Hill Farm at Media Farmers Market
- J&J Kettle Korn is Popping at Farmers Market
- Get Naughty with Nut Butters at Media's Farmers' Market
- Treat Yourself to 'Trish's Treats' at Media Farmers' Market
- Consume 'Kathy's Kupcakes' at Media Farmers' Market
- Hillside Farm at Media Farmers' Market
- Get Your Guacamole at Media's Farmers Market
- Find even more farmers markets here.