This week, enjoy a wide-range of fun in Media Patch. If you haven't checked out the Media Farmer's Market yet, hurry over on Thursday to get some locally grown fruits and veggies. After you've had your veggies, check out a beer and pizza tasting. Then to burn those calories, be sure to join in Olympic Fun Day with First Lady Michelle Obama. There's something for everyone.
Check out our best bets below for the activities to hit this weekend and early next week.
- When/Where: Every Thursday from 3 to 7 p.m. in the Media Theatre parking lot, E State St & Gayley St.
- Why Go: This local farmer's market will be open every Thursday through Nov. 15. It features a variety of farm-fresh and home-made foods.
- Cost: Varies
- When/Where:Friday, July 27 at 7 p.m., at , 515 Painter Rd
- Why Go:Take pairing pizza and beer to a whole new level. Enjoy a sampling of four specialty beers from the Pinocchio’s Beer Garden along with four selections of gourmet pizza pieces.
- Cost: $18, for adults 21 and older, registration required.
- When/Where: Saturday, July 28 at 7 p.m. at , 22 S Plum St, in Media
- Why Go: Check out the live music at Seven Stones Cafe. Singer songwriter Angel Ocana will perform, as well as Kevin Manning and Kwesi Kankam.
- Cost: Free
- When/Where: Saturday, July 28 at 10 a.m. at , 1067 W Baltimore Pike
- Why Go: The Delco SPCA will take their furry friends to the mall in the hopes of finding a forever home. The available animals will be at the Boscovs court area.
- Cost: Event is free but adoption fees may apply
- When/Where: Saturday, July 28, across the country
- Why Go: Patch has joined with First Lady Michelle Obama for Olympic Fun Day. Her fitness initiative, Let’s Move, and Patch are teaming up to bring Olympic sports to life for you and your family. Find local Olympic Fun Day events on the First Lady’s Let’s Move website.
- Cost: Free