Super Bowl XLVII Sunday in New Orleans brings the face off of the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers–and brother vs. brother head coaches. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49ers and his brother John coaches the Ravens.
This will be the fifth time these two teams have squared off since the 1996 season. Baltimore won the 2003, 2007 and 2011 games. San Francisco won in 1996.
Here are some tips for the best local hangouts to watch the game and celebrate with other fans, or how to stock your own house party.
Where to Watch The Game in Town (kick off is at 6:30 p.m.)
- Double Edge Sports Bar and Grill — If you don't have tickets to the game, how about tickets to the Superbowl Party at Double Edge. For $45 in advance or $50 at the door, enjoy domestic drafts, bottles, wine and well drinks and a halftime buffet. The wall of TVs will give you every viewing opportunity. There's also a change to win a TV. Party starts a 6 p.m.
- Sligo — With multiple flat screen TVs, Sligo will be a great Superbowl hangout. They will offer drink specials including $4 Irish drafts, $2.75 Domestic drafts and bottles and $4 glasses of wine.
- Generations Restaurant — Stick around after their Sunday brunch and head to the bar to watch the game.
Where to Stock Up on Your Own Super Bowl Party Eats
- Pinocchio's Pizzeria – They have all the requisite man-food you could want for an event like this (including a selection of gourmet pizzas), and if you have the time and motivation to pick it up instead of having it delivered to you, there's the bonus of their Beer Garden right next door. If ever there's a time to splurge on some of their 700 plus exotic brands of magic brew, the Super Bowl is it.
- Georgio's Pizza and Burgers — Bring home some wings, cheese steaks and chicken tenders home and your couch will be Super Bowl heaven.
- ACME Markets – People sometimes get so wrapped up with ordering food that they forget about their local grocery store. Not only can you find a plethora of affordable options to make yourself, but if you lack the time (or just don't feel like it), stores like ACME have plenty of pre-made party platter options, including one that's are packaged in a football shaped container. Talk about playing to your audience.
- Check out these Super Bowl recipes for guacamole and buffalo chicken meatballs, too.
Where to Buy Drinks in Media on Sunday
- County Beverage
- Lima Beverage
- Wine and Spirits-Media
- Wine and Spirits-Edgmont
What did we miss? Where will you watch the game?