The Penncrest Class of 2013 will present the latest prom fashions in dresses and tuxedos from several local fashion boutiques in an A.M. Prom Fashion Show and Silent Auction to be held at Penncrest High School on Sunday, February 24th at 2 p.m. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door. Admittance is free if you just want to participate in the silent auction.
The fashion show will benefit the Penncrest A.M. Prom that is held after the senior prom in keeping students safe while entertaining them at the high school through the wee hours of the morning. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, on a typical prom weekend, 48 teenagers are killed in vehicles and 5,202 are injured. Now a yearly tradition, the A.M. Prom offers a safe alternative to seniors in lieu of going down the shore or a party after the senior prom.
The Silent Auction portion of the Penncrest A.M. Prom Fashion Show will include a number of items that attendees can secretly bid on:
- Prom gown worth up to $400 from Sorella Boutique in Media
- Ipod Touch
- Tyler Arboretum membership
- Tickets to opening night and reception for "Mame" at the Media Theatre
- Prom spa services: Updos, bronzing, facials, mani/pedis from various area salons
- Tents, tables, and chairs for graduation party from Carefree Kanopy
- Strand of pearls and vintage evening bags
- Free weeks of summer sports camps for soccer (Rose Tree Soccer), basketball (Mike Doyle)
- Reserved seats for Penncrest graduation ceremony at Villanova University
- Reserved student parking spots at Penncrest
Doors will open at 1 p.m. so attendees can view the Silent Auction items before the Fashion Show starts at 2 p.m. Silent Auction tables close at the end of the Fashion Show intermission. Winners will be announced at the end of the Fashion Show, prior to the finale.
The general pubic is welcome to participate in the Silent Auction without paying for attending the fashion show. Winners will be contacted after the show.