.

No Damage in Restaurant Kitchen Fire

Food left on a Media restaurant's stove overnight caused a small kitchen fire Wednesday.

Fire and police officials responded to a report of a fire at a State Street restaurant at about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

A pot of food that was left on the stove at La Belle Epoque Cafe caused a small kitchen fire inside the restaurant at the corner of Olive and State streets in Media Borough, Media Fire Chief Mike Fitzsimmons said.

No one was injured and no damage was done to the restaurant or the apartments above the restaurant.

Fitzsimmons said a pot of food that was left on the stove got out of hand and began to smoke out the kitchen, causing the fire alarm to go off.

When police and fire officials arrived smoke was visible and the apartments above the restaurant were evacuated, Fitzsimmons said.

The fire and smoke were under control in about five or 10 minutes, he said.

The scene was cleared by about 1 a.m. and the apartment residents were able to return to their homes.

Along with Media Fire Co., Rose Tree Fire Co., Media Police Department and Upper Providence Township Police Department responded to the scene.

 

 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something