Exercise is what you make it. Some people need nothing more than a 45 minute run in the morning and the occasional push-up and crunch. Others need to mix it up. But what can you do to really see a change?
The key is keeping it fun, motivating, and exciting. It is also about seeing results! It's much easier to stick with something if you visibly see yourself getting closer to your goals...while enjoying it along the way. There are plenty of great options to help you achieve goals and to stay healthy, but if you are seeking the most exciting workouts with the highest amount of return, read on!
You know what a spinning (or indoor cycling class) is whether you have taken one or not. For the individual that has never tried one, these classes may seem overwhelming and ridiculously hard. The beauty of a spin class, however, is that it is what YOU make it! You can tailor each class to your ability level as you make your own adjustments. How hard you work and what you put into it (and ultimately take OUT of it) is entirely up to you!
So why is Spinning such a great workout?
- It's MOTIVATIONAL and shorter than most classes. Most spin classes take place in a darkened room and are 45 minutes in length. Set to the beat of great music and led by energetic instructors, these classes fly by!
- The BURN KEEPS GOING after class. You burn calories during class....and then for the next day or two! Because you are working large muscle groups so intensely and through intervals, your body will continue to burn calories as it recovers over the next 24 to 47 hours! You can easily burn up to 600 calories per class....with additional burn later in the day!
- It's LOW IMPACT and no coordination required! No more tripping over steps or jumping on sensitive knees! With correct bike set-up and form, this is a great class for all body types and will allow you to get a great workout without injury.
Each class typically starts with a warm-up and light stretch, during which time the instructor will give you safety instructions and an idea of what that class will consist of. Then, you ride! No tricky steps to learn or heavy weights to lift!
Boxing is a fast-paced cardio workout that adds fun and motivation to your routine! There is nothing violent about Boxing workouts!
Here are some reasons that Boxing could be for you....
- Boxing mixes up the workout. There is a continuous shift in cardio, strength, and intervals which creates an extremely effective workout. An hour boxing workout can create more sweat and calorie burn than an hour continuous jog.
- Boxing is an overall body workout. Build endurance, strength, power and coordination by using every muscle in the body and engaging core muscles in all movements.
- Boxing is amazing for weight loss. Like spinning, these workouts focus on intervals, as well as utilizing large muscle groups and hard work.
- Boxing is fun and empowering! It can be done solo, with a partner or group. It can be as energetic as you like. It will improve balance and coordination, dynamic flexibility and will provide an overall sense of power and confidence. Walk a little taller and feel stronger!
The Training Room by Peace thru Strength offers a full schedule of both Boxing and Spinning classes. We are located at 1440 Wallingford Road in Springfield and are ready to give you a great, affordable workout. Check out our website or Facebook page for more information and reserve your spot online today!