On Monday, January 20, between 9 and 11 a.m. you can drop off vitally-needed everyday essential items for disadvantaged children, ages 0-12, in all five counties in the greater Philadelphia region, including at the Glenwood, Indian Lane and Rose Tree elementary schools and Springton Lake Middle School.
New and nearly new infants’ and children’s clothing, warm coats, hats, shoes, boots, gloves, newborn baby items, baby safety equipment, toys, books and school supplies.
For more details on what Cradles to Crayons can accept, click here.
In addition to the Cradles for Crayons donations, Springton Lake Middle School will collect all sorts of items for area charities and programs in the school's gym and cafeteria, from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Jan. 20.
- Old blankets and towels for the Delaware County SPCA
- Non-perishable food items for City Team Ministries and Media Food Bank
- Manufacture coupons for Military Coupon Program
- Gently used jeans for Teens for Jeans
- Non-perishable breakfast food items for Aid for Friends
- Rainbow Loom Bands for Many Hopes Foundation
- Bake Sale for Ronald McDonald House
The students will sort and pack donations, make well wish cards and dog toys and "volley-teer," on the MLK Day of Service on Jan. 20.