A Snow Emergency means No Parking along snow emergency routes and No Driving on snow emergency routes unless that vehicle is equipped with snow tires or chains.
Vehicles may be fined or towed if they are not moved off of snow emergency routes in a timely manner, according to the borough website.
The snow emergency routes are as follows:
- Franklin Street: From Gayley Street to Jackson Street, the south side of the street only
- Franklin Street: From Jackson Street to Olive Street, the north side of the street only
- Front Street: From Monroe Street to Providence Road, the north side of the street only
- Front Street: From Orange Street to Monroe Street, the south side of the street only
- Jefferson Street: Entire length of the 400 block of West Jefferson Street, the west side only
- Monroe Street: From South of 6th Street, Street southward to Jefferson Street. West side only in between Franklin Street and Jefferson Street
- Orange Street: Entire length
- Plum Street: Entire length of the 300 block of S. Plum Street
- Providence Road: Entire length
- State Street: Entire length
- Taylor Street: Entire length
- Veterans Square: From Baltimore Avenue to Front Street
If you reside on a designated snow emergency route, you are urged to parallel park your vehicle along E. Franklin Street (in between Radnor Street and Manchester Avenue) or park at the Olive and Front Street municipal parking lot if you do not have off-street parking.
Find your snow closures and cancellations here and your neighbors snow pics and tweets here.
Sign up for Media Patch's newsletter and be "in the know" every morning.