- First day of school for Rose Tree Media School District students is Sept. 3
- First day of school for all Archdiocese of Philadelphia schools is Sept. 4
- Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown on Sept. 4 and ends the evening of Sept. 6
- All RTMSD schools closed on Sept. 5
- Media Borough community comprehensive plan task force meeting at at 6 p.m. on Sept. 3
- Media Borough Planning Commission meeting cancelled on Sept 3
- Media Borough Council workshop meeting at 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 5
- Paws for Reading at 6:45 p.m. on Sept. 4 at Media-Upper Providence Library. For ages 5-11. Children can read aloud to a therapy dog in order to improve reading and communication skills making them feel comfortable and confident—while having fun. Registration required: 610-566-1918.
- Psychic Tuesday with Vee at 7 p.m. at Stephen's on State on Sept. 3
- National Cheese Pizza Day is Sept. 5 and at Middletown Township Library at 6 p.m. celebrate the Ode to Pizza with books, poems and of course pizza from Pappone's Pizza. Registration is not required. For children of all ages.
- Middletown Township yard waste collection on Sept. 4
- Learn the Library Scavenger Hunt at Middletown Library at 6 p.m. on Sept. 4. Don't wait until you have a school report due, come and learn about the library in a fun way. Teams will learn about the layout of the library, how to navigate it and locate books. Registration is required. For children ages 5 and up.
- Area 2 Recycling Collection days in Middletown Township on Sept. 4, 5 and 6
- Penncrest High School Juniors and Seniors report only on Sept. 4
- Penncrest High School Freshman and Sophomores report only on Sept. 6
- Indian Lane Elementary School Spirit Day on Sept. 4
- Media Elementary School Welcome Party at 6 p.m. on Sept. 6 at Barrall Field
- Edgmont Township Volunteer Fire Training at 7 p.m. on Sept. 5 at 1010 Gradyville Road
- Dining Under the Stars on Wednesday
- Media Farmers Market on Thursday
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something