The Media Theatre is a professional theatre located in the heart of Media Borough right across from the Media Elementary School. It maintains an association with Actors Equity Association based in Manhattan, and has AEA professional actors in each of its Broadway Series productions from September through May each season. Each production has a live orchestra. Tony winning performers Betty Buckley, Judy Kaye, and David Miller (of Il Divo) have appeared on Media Theatre's stage, as well as Tony nominees Ann Crumb and Philip Boykin.
The theatre also has a year round School of the Theatre for ages 5 and up, including adults, as well as a summer camp and Teen Musical Production each summer. Its New School is a conservatory-style education program for children and teens. Visit the website provided for more information.
- Hours: Mon, Tue, 9am - 6pm; Wed - Sat, 9am - 8pm; Sun, noon - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is sidewalk-level access to the theater.
- Founding Date: 1927; renovated in 1993
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.mediatheatre.org/SiteResources/Data/Templates/IFrameLa…
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Restrictions: No smoking