Selene Whole Foods Cooperative (Closed)
Selene is a 33-year-old community-owned grocer specializing in local food and eco-friendly organic bulk goods. It carries refrigerated and frozen items, as well as personal-care, cleaning and paper products. The shop offers a clean, friendly environment, and it devotes wall space to the advertisement of local events and businesses.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, noon - 6pm; Fri, 10am - 7pm; Sat, 11am - 5pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Sidewalk/street-level access
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1977
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Fresh produce, bread, bulk dry goods, milk, yogurt, cheese eggs, medicines and herbs, vitamins.
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Sugar-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Phone orders, Prepared foods
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: Media is America's first Fair Trade town, and we are a progressive, green-minded community that supports local businesses.
- Grocery services: Bakery on premises
- Firewood: No
- Ice: No
- Propane: No